Olivari started its activity in Borgomanero, Italy in 1911 with the production of handles for doors and windows in brass, bronze and nickel silver. Since the 1930's it was amongst the first Italian companies that established a relationship between industry and cultural operators, thus collaborating with the most prestigious names in the field of architecture at that time. Since those early days Olivari has consolidated its international leading role in the handles sector in terms of high tecnology and great focus on appearance and shapes.
In 1991 Olivari won the Compasso d'Oro award for their handles that were designed by Branzi, Portoghesi, Sapper and Tusquets at the time. In the early years of 2000, Olivari started the production of the handles designed by Mari, Sargiani, Irvine and Lissoni, all of whom are perfect interpreters of the most rigorous formal minimalism.